Blogging is an art, and using the correct blogging tools can make your art rise and shine!
This is an epic list of blogging tools to that you’ll be able to refer (hint: bookmark it!), and find new tools to enhance your blogging experience as well because of the experience of your readers!
This epic list of blogging tools consists of resources for all kinds of bloggers whether professional, part-time or personal. I actually have structured them into various sections, allowing you to judge and choose the correct tool for the correct purpose.
Though the list of available tools is long, each tool is helpful in its own way. I also provide a one-line comment for each tool as a fast however helpful reference.
I have personally used at least 75% of the tools mentioned below, and the remaining 25% is suggested by bloggers whose opinions I read and I trust.
Ultimate Blogging Tools For Beginners 2019
1. Desktop blog editors
- Hemingway Editor: A great desktop writing tool which can enhance your writing. Get a rapid reading level grade and word count. available for Windows and Mac.
- Frase: A web-based writing tool that integrated with WordPress, medium and a number of alternative platforms. It uses AI technology to assist you to improve your content.
- Desk: This will pull you away from all the distractions and assist you to focus on writing. available for Mac OS, and also the price is cheap.
- Open Live Writer: Best desktop editor for Windows OS, and you’ll be able to publish directly from your desktop.
- Blogo: Desktop publishing tool for Mac that supports WordPress.
- Evernote: I use this to take quick notes on my iPhone, and it’s accessible via cloud syncing.
2. Content idea generation tools
- BuzzSumo : Enter a website or a subject to search out the most shared and engaging content.
- Ahrefs Content explorer: Similar to Buzzsumo but with more data.
- Quora: Search for your keywords in a search box of Quora, and you’ll get unlimited ideas for your blog content.
- Blog topic generator: Enter your keyword and it will give you post ideas.
- Google Trends: Check the currently trending topics or find the search trend for any keyword of your choice.
3. Blog post title tool
- EMV tool: Checks the emotional marketing value of a title. the upper the EMV score is, the higher it will perform on social media channels.
- Headline Analyzer:This is the most effective tool in this lot. regardless of what you know or don’t know about blogging, you’ll be churning out the most effective titles for your blog posts.
- TweakBiz title generator: A comprehensive title generator by TweakBiz.
- Potent C idea generator: Call it a content idea generator or a title generator – it functions as both.
- UpWorthy title generator: The only viral topic generator you need.
4. Proof-reading tool
- Grammarly:Saviour for a non-native English speaker like me. Helps with proof-reading, suggests words, is a great companion.
- ProWriting Aid: Another popular grammar and spell checker tool. Supports multiple platforms.
- Hemingway App: Free web-based tool to enhance your writing. I’m sure you’ll end up bookmarking this one.
4. Stock images for blogs
- Flickr Advanced search: Use Flickr Advance search to search out pictures with a creative commons license.
- Google image search: Use images with an acceptable license that you’ll use on your blog.
- Pixabay: Another great site wherever you can download high-quality pictures. You don’t got to provide credit links.
5.Blog reading and content discovery tool
- Feedly: Subscribe to any blog feeds or look for your interested topic to get new blogs to subscribe to.
- Pocket: A “read it later” app that is also a productive app. Integrated into all the reading apps mentioned previously and allows you to save articles for later reading.
- Zest: This one is for marketers and available as a chrome add-on. Mobile apps coming soon.
6.Desktop Image/video recording + editing tools
- Camtasia: Available for both Windows and Mac OS, and allow you to record screencasts. Offers a one-month free trial.
- Loom: A brand new tool that also offers desktop recording. you’ll be able to use it to record screencast along with your face in a bubble.
- Snag it: Image capturing and editing tool for Mac and Windows OS. one among the best, and extremely recommended for bloggers.
- Image Optim: Mac Image compressor tool that optimizes your images for the web.
- MPEG Streamclip: A powerful desktop video converter software for Windows and mac. you’ll be able to use it to convert, cut, trim and join videos. I usually use it to convert my video format to cut back the size of the video.
- Audacity: A sound recorder tool for every major desktop OS. helpful for podcasters, as you’ll be able to record and then edit your recordings.
- TubeBuddy: If you’re a Youtube publisher or video blogger, you must get Tubebuddy. This one tool can double your Youtube channel traffic it easier to manage your Youtube channel. highly suggested for YouTube publishers.
7. Visitor stats and analytics tool
- Google Analytics: The best solution for viewing advanced details regarding your blog traffic. also shows live traffic status of your blog.
- Jetpack plugin: Offers a module known as “WordPress.com stats”, that allows you to see traffic details from your WordPress dashboard.
8. Outsourcing websites
- Fiverr: Outsource things like YouTube video intros or purchase social media likes for only $5.
- Freelancer: Great place to hire virtual assistants or freelancers to get a job done.
- 99designs: Crowd-sourcing websites for your web design needs. Cheap, but top quality.
9.Productivity tools: Take control of your time
- Headspace: Tired of blogging constantly? Use headspace and meditate for five minutes. you’ll thank me later!
- Wunderlist: Manage your to-do list with wanderlust. available on all platforms, and stores data within the cloud.
- Trello: A card-based task management tool. I even have used it within the past, but have currently shifted to Wunderlist. Still, Trello serves a different purpose and is very popular.
- Rescuetime: Sends you weekly stats (configurable) of that website you spent the most time on during the previous week. a good plan to start taking note of your counter-productive activity, and save your precious time. Install, set up and it runs within the background.
- Selfcontrol: App for mac that allows you to block access to certain sites. try blocking Facebook, and see how your productivity increases!
10. Keyword research tools
- Google Keyword Planner: A Free and easy-to-use keyword research tool.
- SEMRUSH: Atypical keyword tool that allows you to search out keywords that a given website is ranking for. Use it to search out long-tail keywords which are simple to rank for.
- LongTailPro: Desktop-based (Windows & Mac) keyword analysis tool. perfect for people who have little experience with keyword analysis.
11. SEO tools
- Google Webmaster Tool: Free tool from Google that shows various information like links to your website, duplicate content and keyword ranking.
- Bing Webmaster Tool: Similar to Google Webmaster Tool, but for Bing search engine.
- Integrity: Desktop tool for Mac which checks your blog for broken links (internal and external).
- ScreamingFrog: Desktop SEO tool that allows you to check your blog from the web-spiders point of view. available for Windows, Ubuntu and Mac OS.
- SiteBulb: Another great desktop-based website crawling and auditing tool. I actually have discovered this recently and loving it.
- KWfinder: I discovered this tool while doing research for this post. Guess what? I actually have fallen in love with it. I will be able to share a detailed review shortly, but for now, you must bookmark and check out it. The free plan allows you to make five searches in 24 hours, which is pretty neat.
12.Social Media Tools
- SocialPilot: New child on the block of social media tools, but I really like it as they offer an iOS app (and an android app too).
- SNAP: Only for WordPress user Social Networks Auto Poster (SNAP) is a unique technology that gives you an ability to automatically post your messages, links, posts, images to the most popular Social Networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Blogger, Xing, Flipboard, etc…
- BufferApp: This will never let your social media profile run out of content. additionally offers a mobile app known as “Daily”, which allows you to add high-quality content to your social media profiles.
- Hootsuite: Best social media dashboard tool for managing all social media channels from one dashboard. Supports Google plus, and you’ll be able to auto-post content from your blog’s RSS feed. (Free 30-day trial)
- AgoraPulse: One of the best social media management tool in 2019. Do try their mobile app and you’ll give thanks to me later.
- Postplanner: Post scheduling tool for Facebook which is constantly updated with new features, and helps you to take care of Facebook’s edge rank algorithm. (Free trial.)
- Tailwind: Perfect for Instagram and Pinterest scheduling.
- ClickToTweet: Create a single link to tweet. you’ll be able to use it within your blog post to extend your number of tweets.
13. Images for social media tool
- Stencil: Create lovely pictures and download or share them directly to your social media channels. simple to use and needs zero experience.
- Canva: The most talked about social media image tool. Offers pictures of various sizes based on specific social media platforms.
- PicMonkey: Online image editing and image design tool. also allows you to create image collages.
- Pictochart: Infographics are the most shared content type on social media, and Pictochart is the best free Infographic tool available right now.
- QuotesCover: Create visually appealing quote images.
- Pablo: This free internet app is by Buffer. allows you to add text over pictures, and share it on social media sites with one click.
- Vid to gif: gif pictures increase CTR, and sites like Google plus & Twitter support .gif images. Use this tool to make a .gif from any online video.
14. Blog Monetization
- Google AdSense: The best contextual advertising network. It’s simple to manage and pays on time.
- Media.net: An ad network by Yahoo and Bing. top quality ads similar to AdSense.
- Properllerads: A good alternative to Google AdSense with a lower minimum payout.
- VigLink: Perfect for bloggers who use commerce-related words in their articles. search engine friendly, and enables you to earn money from an outbound link.
15. Affiliate marketplace for affiliate bloggers
- ClickBank: A popular affiliate marketplace for bloggers in any niche. Many different affiliate products to promote.
- ShareASale: Another popular affiliate marketplace with a lot of affiliate programs from that to choose.
- Impact Radius: Gaining traction recently as many popular companies like MaxCDN and Media Temple use IR to run their affiliate programs.
- Commission Junction: One of the oldest & reliable affiliate marketplace to search out great affiliate offers. you’ll be able to also get paid via Payoneer.
16.Email marketing tools for bloggers
- ConvertKit: Best email marketing software for bloggers offering email automation, personalization and pre-built templates for sending beautiful email newsletters.
- Feed burner: Free service by Google that allows you to optimize your blog feed, and you’ll be able to use it’s newsletter feature to send daily updates to your subscribers.
- Aweber: Another popular tool among bloggers marketers. Offers Webinars support days free trial without the credit card.
17. Landing page tool for WordPress
- LeadPages: One of the most trusted landing page tools for WordPress or the other blogging platform.
18. Web-hosting resource for bloggers
- Bluehost : Recommended as the #1 hosting service by the official WordPress.org hosting resource page. cheap and reasonable shared hosting with one free domain name.
- InmotionHosting: Looking for non-EIG shared hosting? give InMotion Hosting a try. Not the cheapest, however certainly one among the best in this lot. primarily based out of Los Angeles & a have a thriving community.
- Cloudways: Want to host your WordPress site in the Cloud (Amazon or Digital Ocean)? Look no further than Cloudways. Makes it easier for non-technical users to host their website in the cloud.
- FileZilla: Desktop FTP tool which is available for every desktop OS.
- MySQL WorkBench: An advanced tool for desktop management of your WordPress database. (Recommended just for technical users.)
19. Blog promotion tools
- Flipboard: Create your own magazines and curate articles from the online or from your own website. Your creation combined with Flipboard can drive targeted traffic. you’ll be able to use their bookmarklet to add content to your magazine or use their mobile app.
- MakeWebvideo: Use whiteboard style videos for your blog intro or for any topic.
- Whats new: Show your blog’s new updates since the reader’s last visit. nice idea for a blog and gets a lot of return visits.
- Wisestamp: Add visually appealing signatures after your email. Use Wisestamp RSS addon and show your latest blog post in every email. a clever technique to promote your latest post. i use it to gain subscribers to my social channels. this can be an add-on for browsers.
20. Content marketing tools
I have covered several content marketing tools above. Following are some that did not fit into any of the above categories:
- BuzzStream: For bloggers’ outreach. Not a free tool, however, this can be a completely amazing tool for serious bloggers & marketers.
Other miscellaneous blogging tools
- PushEngage: Enables web-push notifications for your blog. a new and innovative way to let users subscribe to your blog updates.
- Google apps: Create a domain specific email. powered by Google get access to any or all Google products. also helps in obtaining AdSense approval quick with domain specific email address.
- Speechpad: Offers transcription services for audio or video.
- GtMetrix: Check your desktop & mobile site’s loading speed. It also suggests how to improve loading time.
Over to you: add your favorite tools in the comments
This list can never be complete without your contribution. you can make this epic list of tools more helpful by adding your favorite tools within the comment section below. help me to create it 150+ list…. NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTION ALSO
One more thing…
Share this article along with your blogger friends, because it can help them and build my countless hours of work count.
More Useful Links
- Top 10 Netflix Alternatives Free & Paid (2020) - May 13, 2020
- Download FilmoraGo Pro Mod Apk v3.2.0 Free For Android - August 19, 2019
- 8 Best Android App To Download Videos From YouTube & Other Popular Websites - July 23, 2019