Though it’s said that one should install lesser range of WordPress plugins in a website.
But the question is –
Why should we install less plugins in WordPress website?
What basic plugins should a starter blogger or startup websites should install?
Specially once there are over 50,000 WordPress plugins out there within the market doing completely differentjobs!
Well, that’s what i’m about to cover during this article.
This post is all concerning the basic and must-have plugins each starter blogger, new websites owner, or a startup business should install in their web site.
I have categorised the list of free, best, basic, must have, and essential WordPress plugins according to their functionality.
So, explore the most effective WordPress plugins for brand new websites –
Best SEO WordPress Plugins
It doesn’t matter in which niche your website falls in!
The best SEO WordPress plugin is the basic necessity of every and each website on the internet.
1. Yoast – Best SEO Plugin for WordPress
Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin makes your WordPress website as SEO-friendly as possible.
This is the plugin that I am currently using in TechSKhan.
- Change the site’s homepage title and meta description.
- Change the title and meta description of each post, page, and pages created from custom-post-types.
- Add title and meta description for taxonomies (Categories, tags and custom taxonomies)
- Add metadata for Google’s knowledge graph (Ex. Company info, logo, etc).
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Focus Keyphrase/Keyword Analysis.
- Meta Robots & Breadcrumb configuration.
- Generate XML Sitemaps with configuration options for images, taxonomies, post types, etc.
- RSS Feed configuration.
- Connect Google Search Console with Yoast.
- Tell search engines about social accounts of the website.
- Import settings from other SEO Plugins.
- Webmaster verification for following search engines –
Yoast SEO is free and can be downloaded from WordPress Plugin Directory.
Yoast SEO plugin also offers a premium version with some advanced features like –
- redirect manager,
- content insights,
- internal linking suggestions,
- focus keyword export
- 1-year free support.
All of the above features cost you $89/year.[button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/” icon=”” target=”true”]Get Yoast Seo Plugin For Free[/button]
Best BackUp & Restore WordPress Plugin
Backups are necessary, aren’t they?
Losing your website when investment so much time and efforts are like a worst nightmare.
Therefore, taking regular backups of your WordPress website is one in every of the most basic and important task you must do.
2. UpdraftPlus – Most Trusted WordPress Backup Plugin
UpdraftPlus is used to take backups of WordPress files, databases, plugins, and themes from the WordPress dashboard.
Once again, it is yest another plugin in use by this site.
Key Features –
- Free version of UpdraftPlus backs up to the cloud directly on Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, UpdraftVault, Rackspace Cloud, FTP, DreamObjects, Openstack Swift, and email.
- The Paid version of UpdraftPlus backs up to services like Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, Backblaze B2, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV.
- Automatic backup scheduling.
- Multi-network and Multisite support.
- Backs up encrypted database.
- Supports WP-CLI
- Also backs up non-WordPress files.
- Comes with website migrator.
A free version of UpdraftPlus can be downloaded from the WordPress repository.
The paid version starts with $70/year for 2 websites.[button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://updraftplus.com/” icon=”” target=”true”]Get UpdraftPlus To Take Backup of Your WordPress Website![/button]
Top Security Plugins for WordPress
WordPress attracts hackers and attackers due to its quality.
Therefore, security of a WordPress website needs additional attention. Thankfully, there are variety of WordPress plugins offered for security.
3. Sucuri – Complete Website Security and Monitoring WordPress Plugin
Sucuri Security WordPress plugin secures and protects WordPress website from hacking, data stealing, and server hijacking by blocking malware attacks.
I have started using Sucuri that is helping my website to block WordPress attacks and spam comments.
Key Features –
- Protects from hacks and DDoS attacks.
- Create logs of all activities like logins, failed login attempts etc.
- File integrity by checking any changes to the files.
- Removes malware (in case of any) using Sucuri’s scanner and SiteCheck.
- Removes vulnerabilities like displaying WordPress version etc.
- Removes website from blacklist search engine.
- Takes post-hack security actions.
Sucuri offers a free version of the plugin which can be downloaded from WordPress.org.
On the other hand, Sucuri paid plan starts from $199.99/year.[button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://sucuri.net/” icon=”” target=”true”]Get Sucuri To Secure Your WordPress Website![/button]
Best Contact Form WordPress Plugins
Contact form plays a very important role in establishing communication between you and your audience.
That’s the reason why it’s considered as one of the most basic entities of any website to gather leads.
But how to add contact forms in a website?
By using WordPress Contact form Plugin.
Here is the best and most trusted Contact Form Plugin for WordPress websites out there within the market.
4. WPForms – Best WordPress Contact Form Plugin
WPForms is a drag and drop WordPress form builder to create basic and advance forms within minutes.
Key Features –
- Drag and drop contact form builder.
- Pre-built contact form templates
- Multi-page forms
- Smart conditional logic.
- Spam protection
- File Uploads
- Entry Management
- Form Pages
- Survey & Poll Forms
- Email Marketing integration with –
- Constant Contact
- Payment integration with PayPal and Stripe.
- Zapier integration
- Signatures for contracts, service agreements etc.
You can download and install the free version of WPForms from the WordPress directory.
WPForms paid pricing plan starts from $79/year for 1 website.[button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://wpforms.com/” icon=”” target=”true”]Get WPForms To Collect Leads From Your Websites![/button]
Top Caching WordPress Plugin
Caching is important for any website regardless of its niche in order to maintain its speed and performance.
And this caching WordPress plugins available in the market is really doing its job well.
5. WPRocket – Best Caching Plugin for WordPress
WPRocket is a caching plugin that optimize WordPress website for speed and performance.
- Page-level caching
- Cache Preloading
- Sitemap Preloading (Automatic detection of Yoast SEO, All In One SEO & Jetpack sitemaps)
- GZIP compression, expire headers, etags etc.
- Browser caching (Images, CSS, JS etc.)
- Database optimization
- Google fonts optimization
- Remove Query Strings from Static Resources (improves GTmetrix grade)
- Lazyload for images
- File minification (CSS, JS) and concatenation
- Defer JS loading
- Cloudflare compatibility
- CDN (such as MaxCDN)
- DNS Prefetching
- Mobile Detection
- Multisite Compatibility (subdirectory, subdomain, domain)
- Ecommerce friendly (Automatically excludes cart and checkout pages from caching. Supports WooCommerce, Easy Digital Download, JigoShop, iThemes Exchange or WP-Shop)
- Multilingual Compatibility (Supports WPML, PolyLang, qTranslate)
- Connected Users (can access all the features in single click)
- Developer friendly (Advanced customizations can be easily made)
WP Rocket paid pricing plan starts from $49/year for 1 site license.[button color=”green” size=”big” link=”https://wp-rocket.me” icon=”” target=”true”]Get Wp Rocket Plugin For Better Speed and Perfomance[/button]
If you have just started building a website or a blog!
- Then, above mentioned must-have WordPress plugins will fulfill all your basic requirements very well!
There are more plugins in each category I have mentioned above.
- But, I have featured only the best and most popular and trusted WordPress plugins used by many of the successful bloggers and marketers.
If you think any other plugins can beat the afermentioned list of best plugins! Let me know.
Also, share your good and bad experiences or issues with all the featured must have WordPress plugins for business websites in 2019 in the comment below.
- Top 10 Netflix Alternatives Free & Paid (2020) - May 13, 2020
- Download FilmoraGo Pro Mod Apk v3.2.0 Free For Android - August 19, 2019
- 8 Best Android App To Download Videos From YouTube & Other Popular Websites - July 23, 2019