Do you have a YouTube channel and questioning how you’ll increase videos views on YouTube?
If your answer is yes, read on to find out a Best Ways To Promote YouTube Videos for More Views in 2019
The fact is, It doesn’t matter what quantity time you put into making your videos; if you’re not marketing & promoting your videos, your work can never be seen by the majority of your audience. It’s like throwing a big party without letting anyone knows.
And this is often the time to change it and become one amongst the YouTuber who is seen by everybody.
YouTube video promotion is an art that anyone will learn… with a little discipline.
In this guide, I even have shared ways and techniques that you simply can follow to promote your YouTube videos.
These tips are tested, proven, and work for videos from nearly every niche. think about this post as a checklist that you simply need to follow once you’re done producing your videos.
Best ways to promote YouTube videos:
- Video Title (Optimize it for more clicks)
- Video Tags – Utilize the 500 characters limit
- Use a good thumbnail
- Use Intro and outro video for Branding
- Promote videos on Social media channels
- Start a blog for YouTube channel
- Use YouTube Playlist
- Use Call to action
- Interview Influencers In Your Niche
- YouTube’s Creator Academy
- Share your latest video with your YouTube community
So without any delay, let’s learn the art of YouTube video promotion!
How To Promote A YouTube Video or Channel & Get More Views
I have covered all major YouTube promotion techniques within the sub-topics below.
1. Video Title (Optimize it for more clicks)
The titles of your videos ar a serious deciding issue between them being widely seen & shared across the internet, or only getting a small number of views.
It’s a decent idea to do proper YouTube keyword analysis to search out what people are looking for and then crafting a good title around that.
Here are some tips for writing great video titles on YouTube:
- Keep them short and to the point.
- Add the current year if you can (Ex: Best Tips for 2018).
- Make it attention-grabbing.
- Include keywords at the beginning of the title (where possible).
- Use “Power Words” (Ex: Best, Awesome, Incredible).
- Use emotional triggers words (Ex: Sensual, Lonely, Passionate, Censored).
- Capitalize your headline title. Use this tool to help you.
2. Video Tags – Utilize the 500 characters limit
One of the biggest mistakes that hinder the expansion of your YouTube video’s organic promotion is wrong tag usage.
Tagging in YouTube works differently than it does in a very blog post. If you’ve ne’er paid attention to YouTube tags, now’s a decent time to begin. you can even return and edit all of your old tags.
Here are some rules for using YouTube video tags:
- Use a unique branded tag so that your videos are shown in related videos. Ex: Use your brand name in all videos. (
- Use your main keywords as the video tag.
- Use a variation of your keyword as a tag (take help of the YouTube auto-suggest feature).
- Find the tags used by high ranking videos & use those in your video. You can use the TubeBuddy Chrome extension to help you find tags used by others.
Note: Do remember, YouTube video tags are an important factor for the organic ranking of videos.
More Useful Links
3. Use A Custom Thumbnail
Verified YouTube accounts can benefit of the custom thumbnail feature. a decent video thumbnail helps you stand out in the related video and suggested video section.
Here are some tips for thumbnails:
- Have a resolution of 1280 x 720 (with a minimum width of 640 pixels).
- Upload in either .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG.
- Keep it under 2MB.
- Try to use a 16:9 aspect ratio as it’s the most used in YouTube players and previews.
I don’t want to confuse you with these technicalities, however, it’s necessary for you to know this so you’ll be able to craft a thumbnail that works well on desktops also as mobile devices.
You can use Canva to design a thumbnail for YouTube videos in minutes.
Make sure, you follow the latest standard of YouTube thumbnail:
- Have a resolution of 1280×720 (with a minimum width of 640 pixels).
- Less than 2 MB in size
- The aspect ratio of 16:9 works best
- Use your image in the thumbnail to evoke emotions
Watch this video to learn more about creating clickable thumbnails:
4. Use Intro and outro video for Branding
There are a couple of branding things that you should do from now on which can guarantee every video stands out. one among those things is using a branded intro and outro.
- YouTube intro: A 3-5 second clip that runs at the beginning to showcase your brand.
- YouTube outro: This runs at the end and can be as simple as showing related videos for your channel or asking users to like & subscribe to videos.
5. Share Videos On Social Media Channels
If you’re a video blogger, you must have some social media properties for your YouTube channel. this provides you an opportunity to make a community outside of YouTube & direct traffic from different popular social media/social networking channels.
These are the sites to promote your YouTube videos:
- Facebook page
- Twitter profile
- Instagram profile
- Pinterest profile
You can use a tool like SocialPilot to schedule videos to be shared on your social media channels.
One important tip here:
- Always share your video after a regular interval.
I typically share each video at least 10-15 times within eight months after publishing. Also, use hashtags when sharing so that others can easily discover them.
6. Start A Blog For Your YouTube Channel
If you are a full-time YouTuber, you shouldn’t miss out on creating a blog for your YouTube videos. These days, it’s pretty easy to embed YouTube videos onto a blog & you can start a blog.
I recommend you to create a blog & use a video-specific WordPress theme. If you are already making money from Youtube, It’s better for you to use Managed WordPress Hosting so that you don’t have to worry about blog maintenance.
7. Utilize YouTube Playlist Or Add Video To An Existing Playlist
A YouTube playlist could be a good way to get additional views on your existing videos. once you are done uploading a brand new video, add it to a playlist (either one you create or an existing one).
If you are creating a new playlist, follow these steps:
- Give a meaningful name to the playlist & have a keyword in the title of that playlist.
- Add a detailed description of the playlist and put your keyword(s) in there.
- Group similar videos into one playlist.
- A single video can be listed in more than one playlist.
YouTube playlists also appear in search results. By doing this, further discovery of your videos is increased.
8. Use Calls To Action
People on social media sites need to be told regarding the actions you would like them to take.
At the end of the video, or maybe somewhere in middle, ask viewers to like your channel. At the same time, you can ask them to share the video with others who may like it.
Most of the YouTubers use “Call to action” technique to amplify their video reach with existing subscribers. If you have never done this before, begin doing it from your next video onward. you will be surprised to discover that by simply asking to your existing subscribers, the number of shares will increase by a good extent.
9. Interview Influencers In Your Niche
This one isn’t a direct YouTube video promotion technique which will boost your channel, and it fits perfectly within the overall strategy of your channel promotion.
Interviewing an influencer provides you a chance to get access to an already thriving community in your niche. Not only you may grab the attention of others who follow that individual influencer, you will also get noticed by the industry as a whole.
You can find the top influencers in your niche & you can interview them using Google Hangouts, Zoom or Skype. For Skype, you can use a tool like Ecamm call recorder. The free version of Zoom allows video recording of up to 45 minutes, which is what I use these day